Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Madama Butterfly

The first thing I noticed while watching, "Madama Butterfly" was the claymation. I find claymation videos to be very amusing and I give a lot of credit to the producers. To make a claymation video takes hours since you have to move the characters one by one and take one shot after another. Almost like making one of the flip books but much harder and more tedious.
The way the whole oprea was portrayed in this short video was beautiful, graceful, but most of all tragic. I enjoyed how there was little to no words so I was forced to put the pieces together and make sense of it on my own- especially since I have not seen the original oprea or had an background information prior to taking this class. You're able to see the bond between a mother and child in the video. The way the umbilical cord is almost like a string to a kite, keeping each other grounded is something I picked up from watching the video and created a deeper meaning for it myself. Overall, the whole video was very impressive because the producers were able to summarize an opera and create a claymation video out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment